SPRING CUB FAMILY ENCAMPMENT 2017
Please click here for a printable registration form.
What: Uwharrie District Spring Cub Family Encampment. BB and Archery Range, Games, Hiking, Campfire, and much, much more.
Who: All Cub Scouts and their families. Packs are encouraged to use this event for one of their Spring camping events. Pinewood Derby participants and Day Campers are those Scouts and siblings that will attend only Saturday events. Please ensure to register these scouts during your Pack registration. If your pinewood derby falls outside the early bird dates, or families decide to attend as Day Campers, you may add them with a second registration form since they do not qualify for early bird discounts. Try to make sure all families that agree to attend before early bird, get the chance to receive the discount.
When: March 31—April 2, 2017. Check in will begin at 5pm on Friday March 31. Saturday check-in will start at 7:30am. Opening Flags will start at 8:45am. Pinewood Derby registration and start time will be sent to all Packs in additional email.
Volunteers: Each Pack is responsible for an event during the weekend. Each event will have at least 2 Adults present at all times. How the Pack rotates during the day will be up to the Cubmaster. Event instructions will be given out during the Leader’s meeting. Packs will be contacted for event assignments once all stations have been identified. Several areas have already been added to this registration. If a Pack wishes to help at one of these areas, please go ahead and circle when registering.
Leaders & Parents: Please understand that we will be outside, walking, playing and camping. Review weather conditions before you attend to make sure each Scout and family member has the appropriate gear. Each unit must have at least 2 adults that have completed Youth Protection training within the last 2 years.
Health Forms: A current BSA Annual Health & Medical form Parts A&B are REQUIRED for all that are in Camp. Current health forms can be found online at http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-01_AB.pdf. This is the ONLY version accepted. No person without a current form will be allowed to participate in activities, to include Pinewood Derby.
· Packs may submit more than one registration form. If the Pack has some Scouts registered before Early Bird, please do not hold them which would cause them to miss-out on the discount.
· Each registration requires payment at the time its received.
· Packs may bring all medical forms with them. All medical forms will be returned on Sunday during check-out. If Cubmaster is not going to be at event, alternate must be identified and event host notified.
· T-shirts will be given to the Cubmaster at the leaders meeting on Friday Night (Note: We can only guarantee shirts ordered by March 22 , at the event. All efforts will be made to have all other ordered shirts at event, but will be up to the vender).
· Check-In Friday is no earlier than 5pm. Units may coordinate with event host to arrive early only to drop off trailers. No campers are early.
· Check out Sunday will start after Sunday morning service. Each Pack will be responsible for their campsite and a designated building (bathroom, shower house, shelter, etc.). These assignments will be made and given out during the Leaders Meeting.
· NO vehicles will drive on the grass! Vehicles will be required to park on the side of the Drive to unload their camping supplies. Once unloaded, they are asked to move to the parking area before setting up. This will allow courtesy to others that need to unload. The only vehicle allowed in the campsite are the Pack Trailers. Once the trailer is parked, the towing vehicle must be moved to the parking area.
· Traffic Pattern is ONE WAY. No only exception is the MEDIC vehicle in an emergency.
· Each Pack must submit an attendance roster 1 week prior to the event. This will help with check-in if families arrive before the Cubmaster.